What could be the reason for painless red pimple blister on penile shaft?

A week ago while I was showering I noticed & popped what seemed like a one pimple blister (red) on my penile shaft and it has stayed in the same stage for a week -- 3 mm flat top circular bump, bright red (looks like infected dead skin) -- and if squeezed, more blood comes out. I saw a doctor and he said it didn't look like herpes or warts. What can it be? I have had no discharge, pain, or experienced a burning sensation while urinating. My doctor took blood and I'm waiting for my results. Any help will be appreciated.
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pictures required Detailed Answer: Hi See I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesion before jumping onto diagnosis. Please click some close up pictures of the exact skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Also please tell if there is any history of contact. Is yes, then how much time before the development of the skin lesion. Also if there is any associated complaint in the form of pain, itching or discharge. I am sure I would be able to help you more once you follow up with the pictures and the details. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What could be the reason for painless red pimple blister on penile shaft? 26 minutes later
Thank you for the fast response, Dr. I've attached three photos. I had protected sex, including oral, wore condom during oral and intercourse, a month ago with someone I barely knew. I've had no itching, discharge, or a burning sensation during urination. I cleaned the area with hydro peroxide today and it clustered up in a white format -- so I know it's infected with something -- soon after, the lesion developed a few cracks in it & started to bleed. It has been bleeding since then. I clean the area thoroughly and apply neosporin. The lesion is sensative when touched, but no profound pain. My doctor tested me for Syphyllis and it came back negative. He, my doctor, also stated that it didn't look like genital herpes or warts. He just told me to put neosporin on it and it will heal by itself. I know it can be a multitude of things, hence the inquiry.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Genital ulcer Detailed Answer: Hi again I have seen the attached pictures. The first possibility is syphilis only but it good that you were tested for it and came out negative. The second closene possibility is Donovanosis. This is again a std which presents with red single ulcer which tends to bleed easily. Now there are two things which can be done. One you can see you doctor and get a smear examination done to confirm the diagnosis. Second, if possible take an antibiotic course of azithromycin 1gm once a week for three weeks. I do understand that antibiotics may not be available as such at your place. In that case, you can discuss this possibility with your treating doctor. I am sure this will help. In the meantime, you can continue with the local treatment. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What could be the reason for painless red pimple blister on penile shaft? 8 hours later
Thank you, Doctor. I just want to mention that the lesion decreased in size from yesterday, after the infection had been opened and bleed. It's still a little red and does not look "beffy" at all. It is no longer bleeding; it looks like it's healing. Can it be a normal infection of oil glands, as opposed to the aforementioned STDs? I ask because I red that Donovanosis usually stays as a beffy lesion and spreads if not treated. My lesion seems to have subsided drastically.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Penile ulcer Detailed Answer: Hi again See its good if the lesion seems total decreasing. In case of std's, it's always better to be over cautious, hence the need to rule out various diseases. Since you are using neosporin already, it will surely cover up a simple bacterial infection of the penile region. If in case you have noticed any improvement, it is a sign that the lesion was either a traumatic one or a simple pyogenic one. In either case, you just need to continue the same treatment. But just wait for two to three days more, if it still persists then you might need further assessment. A simple bacterial lesion will heal in three to five days with a topical antibiotic cream. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What could be the reason for painless red pimple blister on penile shaft? 1 hour later
Thank you kindly.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: best wishes Detailed Answer: You are welcome Wishing you speedy recovery Dr Geetika Paul