What could be the reason for pain and tugging in lower abdomen when tested ngative for pregnancy?

My period is two weeks late. Negative pregnancy test. Slight pain,tugging in my lower abdomen. Tender to the touch. What could be wrong?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: hormonal imbalance Detailed Answer: Hello, Your periods are delayed and you have a negative pregnancy test. You are most likely to have an hormonal imbalance that has caused a delay in your period. You have pain in the lower abdomen. Hence it is most likely that you would get your periods in a couple of days. I suggest you to wait for 3 days more. If you still do not get your periods, then you can consult your doctor for progesterone pills that cause withdrawal bleeding. Hope this helps you. Regards,