What could be the reason for occasional line or crease or very shallow groove in stool?

Stools with occasional groove. Grooves are not deep. More like a slight line or identation
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: May I ask for more information about the issue. Detailed Answer: Welcome, Please tell me more about your symptoms/complains and any related history , so that I can answer you better. Awaiting your reply.
Follow-up: What could be the reason for occasional line or crease or very shallow groove in stool? 17 hours later
Stools are normal color, wide, no blood, normal formation. The only thing I notice is an occasional line or crease or very shallow groove. It's the stool is round and one area is more flatish than round along a piece of one side. It rarely is across the whole stool. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: There looks nothing abnormal in that.Anal mucosal folds can cause such grooves. Rarely a polyp or small dilated vein can cause this. Since it is not causing any symptoms I dont see any emergency in this.So you can ask your doctor to have a look at it when you visit doctor for something else. Please feel free to ask if there doubts. Regards.