What could be the reason for not feeling to have food?

My stomachnall the time makes it so I don't want to eat.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Loss of appetite.

Detailed Answer:

Your question is very brief. So more detail like duration of illness, mode of onset of the symptoms would help me to provide you more specific information.

What I understand is that you do not feel like eating. This is called Loss of appetite. The most common cause is indigestion due to gastritis (Inflammation of the stomach)

In this condition I would advise my patient to take ranitidine for two weeks and vitamin supplements which may be lacking due to loss of a loss of appetite.

If the symptom does not improve with two weeks of above mentioned medication then a baseline ultrasound, a hemogram and a upper GI endoscopy may be required to arrive at a diagnosis.

Try frequent small meal if you can not take a main meal. This way it provides nutrition and energy and easy to digest.

Hope the answer is helpful.
Let me know if there is any clarification.