What could be the reason for missed period without sex?

Sep 2012

my daughter is 24yrs and had her menses on the 29of december and ended in XXXXXXX 5th, she has not had it this february and she has no boyfriend she claims she never had sex to think of pregnancy. she wants her menses to come what do we do
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 36 minutes later

Thank you for posting a question.

Look, first of all, do a home pregnancy test. It will confirm the absence of pregnancy. It is necessary. Though she is telling that she does not have a boyfriend, still, it is a document.

If pregnancy test result becomes non contributory, an ultrasound scan of abdomen is necessary.

In case of negative pregnancy test, then also, she needs an ultrasound scan of whole abdomen. It will detect any abnormality in her overies or uterus. I am telling you this because, her symptom sounds like polycystic overian syndrome.

If polycystic overy is suspected, all the hormonal profile should be done .

After that a short course of progesterone is needed to induce period. Period will occur within 7 days of stopping the drug.

Lastly, consult with a gynecologist in person for detailed clinical examination and also further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.