What could be the reason for low WBC and platelet count?

what could be the reason for low white count (now at 2900 from 2700) and a low platelet count ?
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer: v Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! In more than half of the cases with decreased white count, platelet count and other blood cells- there won't be any specific reason. However, a variety of causes such as hereditary, exposure to radiation, autoimmune disorders, pesticides, recreational drugs (ecstasy), other immunosuppressive drugs, viral infections like Epstein–Barr virus, viral hepatitis etc can cause this. Even Hope I have answered your query. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!