What could be the reason for low WBC and platelet count?
User rating for this question
what could be the reason for low white count (now at 2900 from 2700) and a low platelet count ?
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer: v Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! In more than half of the cases with decreased white count, platelet count and other blood cells- there won't be any specific reason. However, a variety of causes such as hereditary, exposure to radiation, autoimmune disorders, pesticides, recreational drugs (ecstasy), other immunosuppressive drugs, viral infections like Epstein–Barr virus, viral hepatitis etc can cause this. Even Hope I have answered your query. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
People also viewed
- The reason for low esinophils platelet count
- Need medication for pterygium in both eyes
- What causes low wbc and platelet counts
- Need medication for being tpha positive
- Diagnosis of megakaryocytic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Diagnosis of paradoxical thrombosis
- Diagnosis of nonsystemic vasculitis
- Reason for difference in wbc and leukesterase results
- Diagnosis of hypoproliferative anemia
- What are the side effects if taking methylphenidate pills
- Reasons for low platelet count
- Diagnosis of physiological anemia
- Low platelet counts but normal wbc
- Reason for lower abdominal and groin pain after stopping pill
- What causes low platelet count