What could be the reason for losing my weight?

i'm losing weight and this was observed quite from 6 months....
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX From your query it seems that you are just losing weight but you do not have other symptoms. Let me know if you have other symptoms as well. Losing weight is to be investigated. There can be many causes for it. Thus we need to start with some blood tests: - Hemogram - liver function test like serum bilirubin, SGOT, SGPT, serum protein-albumin and globulin levels - kidney function tests like BUN, serum creatinine - fasting blood sugar - lipid profile - thyroid profile In the meanwhile, you need to make some changes in your diet. Take regular food. You need to take atleast 3 big meals and 3 small snacks in a day. Include high calorie foods like milk products (cheese, butter, ghee, sweets, etc) Take nutritional supplements alongwith your routine diet like ensure etc. Take hygienic food and pure drinking water Take more fruits and vegetables Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: What could be the reason for losing my weight? 10 hours later
thanks for giving me some imp information.... well may i know some Syrup \ tablet to put on weight
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi again Detailed Answer: Hi again, Regarding syrup or tablet, you will take it according to the nutritional deficiencies that will show up on blood tests. For example if the hemoglobin is low, then you can take a hematinic like Syrup Dexorange. If vitamins are low then you can take multivitamin like Becosule capsules. To know about some vitamin deficiencies you can get tested for serum vit B12 levels, serum folic acid levels, serum vit D levels and serum calcium levels. Otherwise, Ensure nutritional supplement will help to gain weight. It has extra-nutritional components (carbohydrates, fats and proteins) alongwith multivitamins. It should be taken along with the normal routine of food. More important than gaining weight is to find the cause of loss of weight. It should not be ignored. Get yourself tested and you can upload the reports for me or take the reports to your doctor. We can discuss it further. If you already know the cause, please let me know so that we can discuss about it. Regards Dr Vaishalee