What could be the reason for headache while on estrogen?
User rating for this question
Have a headache every morning upon waking up for 8 days straight. The headaches are painful for about 1/2 hour then they slowly disappear throughout the morning i have been on estrogen for 20 days and about 11 days ago asked to stop it . Could this be the headache cause ? When will they stop? Had MRI of brain 7 days ago cause of headache was told all was normal except imflamed sinus. I think i had similar symptoms about 15 years ago and now they are baxk , dis estrogen trigger this ?? Please advise
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Likely to be aggravated by oestrogen use. Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Early morning headache especially in the frontal region are more likely to be sinus headache. Oestrogen sometime aggravate or precipitates such headache by causing increased nasal congestion. There is no cause for concern. It should settle down after the discontinuation of oestrogen. Also taking steam inhalation for 15 to 20 minutes and a cup of coffee will provide the much needed relief. Rest be assured everything is alright. I hope it helped In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD
People also viewed
- Is cough or dry cough a side effect of prozac weekly?
- Estrogen headaches feels like
- Is pounding in the ears a side effect of solu-cortef?
- Owake up with headache over eyes
- Is runny or stuffy nose a side effect of telmisartan?
- Headache over right eye and swollen stomach
- What are normal estrogen levels
- High estrogen headache
- Is trouble in swallowing a side effect of ropinirole?
- Headache eye pain prostap
- Headache with strenuous eye pain
- Is mental depression a side effect of rhinocort aqua?
- Pounding headache with sore eyes
- Is headache a side effect of esterified estrogens/methyltestosterone?
- What causes severe headache when taking estrogen and provera