What could be the reason for having lump in hard palate and sores in nose?

My hard palette has a lump on it which was large to when I ran a toothbrush and my finger over it blood clear slime came out if the lump. I don't know if it's already been there and because I do use cocaine for about 6 months now but right now it's very very sore and I think a piece of bone is trying to come out. Also when I rub over the lump to make it smaller it taste like coke was in it. also my nose has yellow ish Sores inside and they don't just come out they come out eventually hard when I blow my nose but I've tried to use saline and I tried to use nose spray and still my nose hurts really bad and when I go outside or yawn it burns real bad.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Lump in the hard palatum-possible infection... Detailed Answer: Hi, If you have been snorting cocaine, the sores in your nose could be as a side effect of cocaine use. The hard lump you have noticed in your hard palatum might be related to infection. If you have had oral sex, it could be a sign of herpetic sore. If you rule out oral sex, it could be possible infection of the oral mucosa due to bacterial or after having a flu or common cold. Usually, drug users are prone to oral infection and pulmonary problems. So, the permanent solution to your sore nose could be stop using cocaine for a while. With regards to the lump, you need: - to take oral antibiotic - otc oral antiseptic - keep good hygiene of the mouth and throat - wash your mouth with water and salt - if no improvement, consult ENT specialist for further evaluation. All the best! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up! Dr.Alba