What could be the reason for having loose stool with blood?

causes of loose stool and 'leaking' a bit on underwear. wiping my butt so often the tissue paper makes it bleed a little and it is sore
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 27 minutes later
Dear XXXX,

Loose stools with leaking and some blood on tissue paper usually can occur due to proctitis (means inflammation in rectum). This can be due to infection or inflammatory bowel disease or radiation ( I see that you did not get any radiation for Ca prostate) or ulcers of any etiology. Sometimes a tumor inside the rectum can also cause similar symptoms.

Best way to find the cause of your problem will be a colonoscopy. I understand that this has been already planned for next week. Hope nothing serious come out.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal