What could be the reason for having flu like symptoms post endocarditis surgery?

I had endocarditis surgery on August 16. It is dec. 3 and I still feel lousy. I am a teacher and conductor of symphony orchestras. I have flu like symptoms sweating on the back of my neck and I feel my heart esp when I am prostrate thanx
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I read your query very carefully and would like to say. For the flu like symptoms don't worry, because usually it is related to the post surgery stress and there is no need for further examinations. You feel the heart especially when prostrating because in this position your heart is in near contact with the rib cage. Your thoracic scar is in healing process so it's more sensitive than normally. Don't worry to much. If i was your treating doctor i would strongly recommend, (if you are free of any major cardiac complication) to do all the cardiac examinations (ECG, Holter monitoring and ECHO) and pulmonary examination (chest x ray, spirometry) in order to rule out any late post operator complication after six-th months of surgery. Hope I answered your query. Wish you health Dr. Benard