What could be the reason for having burning taste while having hot food?

Dermatologist
Question
My tongue feels like its burnt. (like when you eat food that is to hot) It is this way alot.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. You might have developed oral lichen planus. It is a condition characterised by burning sensation in oral cavity. Usually it is associated with white lesions on tongue and oral cavity. Please apply triamcinolone oral paste. It is a mild steroid and will give you relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: What could be the reason for having burning taste while having hot food? 3 hours later
Do I need an R/X for the triamcinolone?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up and sorry for delay in reply. It is easily available in pharmacy stores. The trade names are Tess cream or Kenacort cream. No prescription is required for this. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you