What could be the reason for having boil on vaginal walls after abortion?

Mar 2013
Hello Doctor, I am 38years old house wife with a daughter, recently like last month I had an abortion. Few days back I came to know that I have boil on one of my right side inside vagina wall. I went to see doc, she removed the pus it seems, I don't know how much. Am on antibiotic. I just like to what is the reason I got it, I am perfectly healthy. In April, have done the blood sugar, normal.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. There could be various reasons for having a boil - 1. It sometimes happens in perfectly healthy individuals. As long as your blood sugars are clear, and you are not having widespread pelvic infection, do not worry. 2. It could be infection of a hair follicle / sweat gland which is commonly located in the genital area. This also is not something serious, and happens due to blocked secretions of the gland occasionally, superimposed by a bacterial infection. 3. As you had an abortion recently, some instruments might have been used ( if surgical abortion ). That could predispose to infection. If medical abortion was done, then too the normal flora and pH balance of the vagina gets altered. Women are very prone to infections after delivery / abortion due to decreased immunity. 4. It could be a small vaginal cyst , which also happens randomly in some women, which got infected. Only the doctor who treated you could provide the specific details. If you have access to the papers, you could upload them so I can have a better idea. As long as there is no residual infection, and your blood sugars are normal, do not worry. Keep the private parts clean, and shave pubic hair regularly. Wear cotton undergarments. All the best Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.