What could be the reason for experiencing soreness in tonsils after pushing food from fingers?
User rating for this question
I have another question regarding tonsils. I get food or other particles sometimes stuck in my tonsils and have been told if my hands are clean I could use my finger to push them out which helps. I pushed possibly a bit to hard and while I got debris out my tonsil is a bit sore and I get some intermitent pain particularly without Advil....will the tonsil likely get better on its own? Or did I push to hard and damage beyond repair?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Push to hard and damage beyond repair Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query. It suggests that you may push too hard and damage beyond repair. For your kind information---> The simplest method of the removal of tonsil stones are- 1. Gargling with the mouth wash. 2. Take a Q-Tip and to gently apply pressure to the food particle until it is dislodged. 3. By using an oral irrigator. Above all condition you should remember to be very gentle. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
Follow-up: What could be the reason for experiencing soreness in tonsils after pushing food from fingers? 1 hour later
Dr. XXXXXXX Possibly I did not state my question clearly...could I have pushed to hard on my tonsil?? And, what would be the result?? If I pushed to hard will it repair itself? Thank you, PS. I forgot to add would a scan show any damage?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 13 hours later
Brief Answer: It may repair itself , no use of scan Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your follow up queries. Yes, it suggests that may push too hard on your tonsil; if damage is minimal then it may repair itself. There is no use of the scan in this condition, if you suspected that damage is more, you may need to consult the ENT specialist for better diagnosis and management. Wish you good health
People also viewed
- Sore tonsil after puking
- I have nose bleeds after drinking alcihol
- Have had constant cough with swollen tonsils why trouble eating
- Cauliflower ear from cartilage piercing swelling pain treatment options
- Reason for sore tongue and nausea after tonsil removal
- I saw my friend maustrabating
- What food adults eat after tonsil surgery
- Ear pain hearing loss using hydrogen peroxide bleeding treatment
- Had bronchitis have irregular bleeding after wyselone reason
- In medical terms what does a shadow mean
- Suffer from frequent tonsillitis what could be the reason
- Irregular nose bleeds in children
- Interstitial granulomatous dermatitis treatment
- What could be the reason for having swollen tonsils
- Pain in ear swollen jaw hurts why lupus