What could be the reason for experiencing soreness in tonsils after pushing food from fingers?
User rating for this question
I have another question regarding tonsils. I get food or other particles sometimes stuck in my tonsils and have been told if my hands are clean I could use my finger to push them out which helps. I pushed possibly a bit to hard and while I got debris out my tonsil is a bit sore and I get some intermitent pain particularly without Advil....will the tonsil likely get better on its own? Or did I push to hard and damage beyond repair?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Push to hard and damage beyond repair Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query. It suggests that you may push too hard and damage beyond repair. For your kind information---> The simplest method of the removal of tonsil stones are- 1. Gargling with the mouth wash. 2. Take a Q-Tip and to gently apply pressure to the food particle until it is dislodged. 3. By using an oral irrigator. Above all condition you should remember to be very gentle. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
Follow-up: What could be the reason for experiencing soreness in tonsils after pushing food from fingers? 1 hour later
Dr. XXXXXXX Possibly I did not state my question clearly...could I have pushed to hard on my tonsil?? And, what would be the result?? If I pushed to hard will it repair itself? Thank you, PS. I forgot to add would a scan show any damage?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 13 hours later
Brief Answer: It may repair itself , no use of scan Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your follow up queries. Yes, it suggests that may push too hard on your tonsil; if damage is minimal then it may repair itself. There is no use of the scan in this condition, if you suspected that damage is more, you may need to consult the ENT specialist for better diagnosis and management. Wish you good health
People also viewed
- Sore tonsil after puking
- What should be done to stop nose bleeding
- How to keep tongue away from upper teeth
- Reason for sore tongue and nausea after tonsil removal
- I have cough and itchy red kind of flat spots
- 6wk old baby chesty cough
- What can i do about my prominent left ear
- What food adults eat after tonsil surgery
- How are hot flashes and migranes treated
- Suffer from frequent tonsillitis what could be the reason
- Period after 6thday bleding any problems
- Fever during 6th month of pregnency
- 6w pregnant and lips is chapped
- What could be the reason for having swollen tonsils
- Duphaston tablet in 6th month pregnancy