What could be the reason for experiencing pain in shoulder blade and hotness in my back?
User rating for this question
I am experiencing pain in the lower shoulder blade region. last night I had a sharp hot pain, felt like a hot poker. when I got undressed for bed, it came on again. I looked, with a mirror, I noticed a bright red line a little wider than a finger and about 5 inches long. I took some Tylenol , when I went to bed, while on my back, it was hot enough that I thought that I had a sunburn. Through out the day there has been pain and heat. Just muscle pain? I have also had some tingling in the arm.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It could be due to Herpes Zoster. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have shooting pain in lower shoulder blade since 2 days and have noticed red line of 5 inches in length . Most likely this is due to viral infection what is called as Herpes Zoster ,however final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination. Please consult qualified General Physician or Neurologist for clinical assessment and further treatment.which will depend upon final diagnosis. He may advise you to take antiviral medication Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- Severe thigh contusion
- Groin contusion
- Radial nerve contusion
- Feeling unwell after tooth removal
- Feelings after tubal recanalization
- Forearm contusion treatment
- What could be reason for back leg and groin pain
- What could be the reason for having back pain
- What causes pain between the back shoulder blades
- Weird feeling in penis after pooping
- Ventral cord deformity
- Skin feels tingly after smoking weed
- Having lower back pain what could be the reason
- Suffering with back shoulder neck pain whats the reason
- Feel palpitations after walking up stairs