What could be the reason for experiencing difficulty in walking and standing and numbness in feet?

I have difficulty standing, walking 5 min. I can ride a all terrain vehicle no problem. Leaning over sinks ect, bring pain on quicker. The pain a overwhelming burning feeling, I must sit down, better still lay down. Numb feeling in feet at all times. Nothing in the MRI, CT scans, seem to show the reason. Been to a multitude of specialists to no avail. I am on medication for rapid heart rate. Any Ideas? XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: perioheral neuropathy? Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about about this pain and the inconveniences this has caused you. From the description of symptoms, I seem concerned that this pain is originating from the nerve roots as they exit the lower back. This may explain why leaning forward further exerts pressure on the opening and make symptoms worse. The nature of the pain makes it typical of peripheral neuropathy. The difficulty is that I cannot tell with precision exactly where this nerve is being excited to produce these symptoms but probably you would need to be managed for this. Have these exams involved the lower part of the back? Also, do you have any tests to investigate for diabetes and other possible cause of peripheral neuropathy like alcohol, vitamin deficiencies, etc? If these have not been checked out, please consider raising these points with your doctor. If you have not been consulted by a neurologist, try and see one. If the suspicion is confirmed, then you would need medications. No single medication works well for all but a trial of pain medications, anti seizures, antidepressants, lidocaine patch, capsaicin, etc often identifies something that helps relieves symptoms. I hope you find this helpful and it addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: What could be the reason for experiencing difficulty in walking and standing and numbness in feet? 15 hours later
Hi I to feel it is a pinched nerves. They were chasing blocked arterys had 3 stents put in, did nothing, want to do more, although Cardio, said he could only improve circulation. The neurosurgeon after viewing the MRI and CT scans, L4/5 a small posterior disc bulge is causing some mild stenosis, stated, not much he could do. Since then I have been to 3 neurologists. last one took biopsies muscle, and nerve, absolutely nothing, wrong there. My GP and myself have been going in circles. At this point I think I should ask a neurosurgeon for a second opinion. Your ideas? Thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Good idea Detailed Answer: Please, I understand your pain. It would be good to get the opinion of a neurosurgeon but please do not accept surgery if the reasons for are not clear. Try much of medical therapy and let's see what you get. I suggested a few already that you could mention to your doctors and see how well they play out with you. I wish you well. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What could be the reason for experiencing difficulty in walking and standing and numbness in feet? 18 hours later
Thank you very much Dr. Ditah, MD. GOD loves you. Blessings to your family and friends. Gord.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you so much for your kind words! Detailed Answer: Thank you so much for your kind words. I claim my blessings with a big AMEN. I pray we figure out something that works good for you. God would for sure be our guide. Dr. Ditah, MD