What could be the reason for excess hair loss?

Dec 2013

of late i am having excess hair loss what could be the reason i am around 39 yrs of age and a female
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly provide important details Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum. I can understand your concern for hair fall, as for every females hairs are great asset and sign of beauty. The information provided in your query are very less to reach to a conclusive point and I require further information to guide you best. Let me know certain important points from your side: - Since how long you are experiencing hair loss. Is it from few weeks or more than multiple of months. You noticed it suddenly or gradually and is it all over scalp or basically on front portion. - Any history of illness/ stressful or emotional event/ nutritional imbalance in last 6 months to 1 year period. - How many hair fall off everyday. Is it like upto 50 -100 hair or more than 100 hair. Do you observe any hair strand on pillow when you wake up. - How is your dietary pattern. Do you eat a nutritious diet with fruits and green leafy vegetables. - What is your job profile. if you are working let me know your daily schedule. Kindly tell me your location also so that if required I can tel you the important medicines according to your local place. Hope to hear soon from your side. "Wish you good health" Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology )