What could be the reason for difficulty with speech?
User rating for this question
hi ! doctor, my name is XXXXXXX. my grand mother is hospitalize in (sing medical and research centre)hospital. we goes in that hospital and stay 10 days. but my grand mother is not well. she can't talk . she always say ma...ma...ma..ma she can't talk any thing. Please say me that what is better for me and my grand mother.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Numerous causes ma'am, please provide test reports Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I am really sorry to hear about your grand-mother, but based on the current information provided, there could be numerous causes for her presentation, they could be: -Electrolyte imbalance (check her serum sodium levels, and correct if low) -Stroke or cerebrovascular attack (does she have difficulty moving any part of her body? If so, please request for an MRI of the brain immediately) -Intoxication -Concussion or injury to the head -Medications (usually an overdose) and many others. It would really help if you could write back to me with all her symptoms and also if you could attach to our discussion any test reports conducted, so that I can interpret them and guide you from thereon. Looking forward to your reply XXXXXXX Ji. Best wishes.
People also viewed
- Clarithromycin use for water infection
- Difficulty in urination what could be wrong
- Son says heart hurts while swimming
- What could be the reason for difficulty with speech
- My heart is racing on hydralazine
- Clarithromycin for penis tngling
- Hypercalcaemia and heart murmer
- What could be the reason for difficulty in expanding lungs
- Feeling hungry while taking ratio clarithromycin
- Is clarithromycin suitable for tooth
- Breathing difficulties what could be the reason
- Squeezing heart pain and stomach hurt
- Pneumonia hurts my heart
- What could be cause for difficulty in smelling
- Can you take panadol and clarithromycin