What could be the reason for crawling sensation in penis?

Dermatologist
Question
J XXXXXXX XXXXXXX FOR SEVERAL MONTHS I HAVE THIS FEELING OF SOMETHING CRAWLING ON THE HEAD OF MY PENIS & ON MY ASSHOLE. THE HEAD OF MY PENIS GETS ALL RED . IT SEEMS LIKE THAT WHAT EVER THIS IS , IS ALSO TRYING TO GO UP MY ASSHOLE . I VISITED ONE DOCTOR & HE GAVE SOME OINTMENT BUT IT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING . I HOPE YOU HAVE A CURE.. XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 hours later
Brief Answer: worm infestation Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Crawling sensation in anal area can be due to worm infestation of intestine. Mainly pin worm. However worms don't cause redness on penis. It might be an allergy. I usually prescribe tablet albendazole for anal itch. You can apply ointment fluticasone on the penis tip. This will give relief from redness. Hope this help you. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you