Ask a Dentist   »  

What could be the reason for continuous pain in left cheek bone with broken upper teeth?

Hi, My left most upper teeth is broken. I have kept it un attended for quite a time now. From last 3-4 days I am having mild continuous pain on left chick-bone, back of left neck and left part of head upside left ear. There is no direct toothache as such. What could be reason? Is it due to teeth? Also there is some pain inside left ear.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pain is due to broken tooth. Detailed Answer: Hello There, The pain in the cheek bone and left ear are due to dental reasons, as you have mentioned your upper left tooth is broken this has resulted in the pulp tissue come near or get exposed to the oral cavity, chances of infection are high resulting in inflammation of pulp known as pulpitis. I would suggest you to consult to a Dentist and get the checkup done take an IOPA x-ray of the tooth, ROOT CANAL TREATMENT is required. Also take a course of antibiotics and analgesics under the prescription of your Dentist. The broken tooth can be fixed with a prosthetic crown after the treatment is completed. Wishing you a healthy recovery, Take Care! Dr Qazi Ammara.