What could be the reason for constant upper constant chest discomfort with discomfort in shoulders?

I have been having upper constant chest discomfort that does not go away.....I passed the stress test in blood pressure is good with medicine (lisinop/hctz-20/25) ...Sometimes I also have discomfort in my right neck/shoulder and the top of my right ear feels warm.......I have blood work done and my results for cholesterol were 153-low thyroid? and low immune? I'm not sure why this pain will not go away and what to do?I also burp after eating everything ( which is not spicy) (I never have had this before......)
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....your symptoms could be related to gastrointestinal disorder. Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. Although there are various causes for upper chest discomfort like cardiac disorder,chest muscles disorder or gastrointestinal disorders but since your cardiac causes have been ruled out,the most likely cause in you  seem to be due to some gastrointestinal disorder. This suspicion also gets strengthened by the fact that you are constantly having symptoms of burping. There can be various causes of gastrointestinal disorder like .. Gastro esophageal reflux disorder Hiatus hernias Gall bladder diseases  You need to consult a gastroenterologist for proper investigations and diagnosis. Investigations required would be ultra sound abdomen,CT abdomen and a GASTROSCOPY etc. A proper treatment can be instituted only after a proper diagnosis. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks