What could be the reason for constant chest pain with heavy pressure?

constant chest pain sometimes very heavy presure be going on for a few weeks.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: overactivity of antihypertensive meds/heart lesion Detailed Answer: Hi, I had gone through your query and understand your concerns, you had been getting Blood pressure values of 80 by 60 lately despite you are having high blood pressure and you are also taking pills for it. As per my experience, the recorded values of your blood pressure are below normal and require a prompt medical advise to have reduction in your hypertensive medicines dose, as this low blood pressure may produce variety of symptoms ranging from uneasiness, breathlessness to chest pain and dyspnoea. You are hereby advised to have a ECG(electrocardiogram) of your heart and have a thorough cardiac workup, to rule out any lesion in heart, which might be causing this low blood pressure values. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Regards, Dr Hari Om Chandrakar MBBS