What could be the reason for bruising and pain along tibia and tenderness after accidental fall?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fell a week ago skiing left boot did not release continued weight bearing all week but it hurts to walk and is still bruising and pain along tibia and tender to touch. Could i have break and would it be possible to walk on a break for over a week. I have an ortho appt tomorrow
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Avoid prolong walking. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your problem. You should avoid walking for prolong time. You must get x-ray of the affected part done to see if there is any hair line fracture. Because in hairline fracture patient can walk but with pain. Otherwise their may be some soft-tissue injury. You should apply hot packs for 30 min morning and in evening over affected part. You can take painkiller by discussing it with your doctor. Try to elevate your limb in sitting or lying position. This will help to subside any swelling if occurs. Send us your x-ray report or discuss with your doctor. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask further health related query. Thanks.