What could be the reason for bloating after eating?

every time i drink or eat i have bloating and i cannot go to the bathroom with using a laxative.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). For bloating 1.Avoid fatty meals 2. Don't lie down soon after meals for at least 2 hours 3.Take small and frequent meals, instead of full meals at a time 4. wear loose clothes 5. If you are overweight or obese do weight reduction with dieting and exercise 6. take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with a prokinetic agent like domperidone 7. See if bloating worsen with dairy products, if yes then avoid them For constipation 1.Take high fiber diet and add psyllium fibers and lots of liquid in your diet 2.Take triphala powder one teaspoon with warm water or for better result mix it with honey and take it at time of sleep at night and one teaspoon in early morning empty stomach 3.Avoid foods that contain maida. 4. Take meals at least 2 hours before going to bed. 5. Take lots of fruits and vegetables daily 6. Take tablet lubipristone 25 microgram twice a day which I found very useful in my patients with chronic constipation I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.