What could be the problem and treatment for loss of sense in thigh with minor itching?
User rating for this question
Hi Doctor, i have problem in my right leg thigh above knees. Some area seems senseless. Minor etching is also there. When i press it normally then i don't feel compared to other body part. This seems inner part of muscles of my thigh. Please tell me what could be the problem and solution.
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Physical examination, EMG, NCV Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand that you have loss of sensation and itching in right thigh. The area mentioned by you ( Thigh ) is supplied by a nerve called femoral nerve. Thus femoral nerve dysfunction or damage may be cause for your loss of sensation and itching. Some usual causes of femoral nerve dysfunction are 1. Direct injury (trauma) 2. Prolonged pressure on the nerve 3. Compression or entrapment of the nerve by nearby parts of the body or disease-related structures (such as a tumor) Diabetes mellitus also cause loss of sensation. But it is not final. It can be confirmed by thorough physical examination and further investigations. Physical examination may include 1. Checking for sensation changes in thigh 2. to find any weakness in lower limb 3. Reflexes In addition, following investigations may be needed. 1. Electromyography (EMG) 2. Nerve conduction tests (NCV) Usuall initial treatment are steroids and pain killers. With these inveatigations done, Consult a Neurologist for further followup.
People also viewed
- Side effects of tofranil
- Traumatic brain injury steel plate
- Side effects of betnesol
- Smoking weed with brain injury
- What is the treatment for swelling in outer thighs
- Peeling skin in thighs itching treatment
- What is the treatment for bruise in inner thigh
- Side effects of gemfibrozil
- Traumatic brain injury night sweats
- Side effects of hcg injection
- What is the treatment for furuncle on thigh
- Traumatic brain injury meth overdose
- Punox medicine brain injury
- Side effects of estradiol and norgestimate
- What is the treatment for itching in thigh folds