What could be the cause of vaginal itching?

I have a slight itch and tickle on the left portion of my labia.... not sure why
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later

Welcome and thanks for the query
Vaginal itch is usually due to vaginitis.It can be either fungal , bacterial , mixed type or bacterial vaginosis.Keep the area dry , avoid swim suits.Do not use shower gels and deodorants.Always wipe from front to back.Wear loose cotton undergarments.To maintain the pH of vagina it is better to use vaginal wash containing lactobacilli.
You can apply clobetasol ointment and antifungal cream like candida or nystatin.If still persists then it is better to show it to a gynaecologist.
Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome