What could be the cause of swollen lymph node under the chin, right shoulder and front wall of vagina ?

I have a swollen lymph node under chin around the size of a pea and also a slightly larger one on my right shoulder, in the trapezium.
Have been feeling very tired recently and sweaty at nights but no fever or illness to talk about. these lumps have been there for 2 weeks and are quite hard moveable and tender. I do not have a rash but have had bad indigestion. Any ideas what this could be? oh I also discovered a small pimple again around the size of a pea on the front wall of my vagina around 6 months ago., this is also very hard and a little tender. my gp could not find this but i am noticing it there each time i check my cervix position...I am trying to concieve at the mo. I am 31yo F 8stone and 5ft 5 many thanks
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for your question.

Your question is a good one and I'll try to provide you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

First of all let me reassure you that the lymph node swelling what you are experiencing is not an indication of some kind of cancer or serious disorder. Very commonly these swell in response to exposure to some kind of virus or something in the environment which causes and a budget we action. I expect that these areas of swelling pool slowly and gradually resolve over the next 3 to 6 weeks. The fact that they are tender is also an indication of a very benign origin. I would not spend very much time worrying about these right now.

As far as the swelling which you have noticed in the area of the vagina. This is very likely a benign cyst. These often come and go from time to time and certainly have no impact on your level of fertility. If this assist or area of swelling becomes painful or bothersome to you your physician can refer you to a gynecologist. A gynecologist can sometimes perform a very minor procedure where the system is opened and drained.
Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my answer to be both helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns regarding this question I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert.