What could be the cause of swelling, itchiness and redness in lower eyes?

Hi doc good morning. I have a problem of my two lower eyes swollen, red and eching. Please help me doc
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Guru 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: May be conjunctivitis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Based on clinical decription, it sounds like conjunctivitis which may be allergic, viral, bacterial or fungal. However, there are certain other things like keratitis, scleritis, episcleritis etc which need to be ruled out as well. Correct diagnosis occurs once we do physical examination. Anyhow, I suggest you few measures to be followed as there is little suspicion of conjunctivitis. Wash your hands before and after touching the eyes or face, and do not share towels, linens, pillows, handkerchiefs etc to prevent spread. But, first the confirmation of diagnosis is needed and visiting your family physician is necessary. You may need antibiotic or antihistamine eye drops depending on the cause. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!