What could be the cause of severe head pain while having sex?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Yes, While having sex last night my husband had this severe pain in the top of his head! It was so painful we had to stop! He became very pale and clammy! He said it felt like something busted and then it spread over the top of his head!
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Due to high blood pressure there is possibility Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history and symptoms it looks that there was sudden rise of blood pressure during act of sex. Due to high blood pressure there is possibility of intra cranial bleed leading to persistent headache. I will advise to consult your doctor and check your BP and other parameters. Then we can decide weather further investigation like MRI is required or not. Another possibility as per presentation of your symptoms can be migraine. Migraine usually involves half part of your head and associated with nausea. Some medication like muscle relaxant and analgesic [paracetemol] will reduce pain, you can take them consulting your treating doctor. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care