What could be the cause of recurrent tiny boils around lips?

Hi Doctor - I'm 33 years old. I get re-current series of tiny boils exactly around my lips. Not sure if its due to any kind of allergy. couple of years back, these were very frequent, once in 4-5 months ... after 2-3 years(these years, never had this prob), its back again .... within 2 months i got again. It takes 4-5 days to cure, and strangely cures by itself. Starts with thin transparent white boils filled with clear fluid, within 2-3 days dry out and clears off. But During these 4-5 days, it gives me my ugly feeling and get irritated. Is there any Remedy to cure these kind of allergies, and can someone tell me the reason, so I can try to prevent ...
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seems herpes labialis Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Fluid filled blisters around mouth that heal on their own seem to be Herpes labialis. Though these blisters are infections, thus a fever should be present. This infection can be confirmed with Tzank smear. It can also be some allergy or a reaction to drugs. It can also be autoimmune, but it does have some component of herpes. May be we should proceed with tests like hemogram, antibodies to herpes, Tzanck smear, etc. In case it is allergic, then we need to confirm its trigger and prevent it. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee