Ask a Urologist   »  

What could be the cause of pain in testicles when I cough?

Hi Doctor, Need ur help I dont have any previos Medical History. Healthy slim body age 23 years, weight 55 Kgs. I had never had sex but from past 6 months i can see that my right side testicles came up and i feel pain when i get caugh or somthing,. i want ur guidence please help
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Most likely no major problem Detailed Answer: Hi, I suggest you get a few basic investigations done. These would include a urine examination, and an ultrasound examination of your scrotum. This would ensure that you do not miss any event such as intermittent torsion of testes (which would need surgery to anchor the testes to avoid a future emergency) or epididymo-orchitis which is an infection of testes and needs medical management with antibiotics. There is a possibility that you could also be having a hernia in its early stages which might cause pain on coughing or sneezing or lifting heavy weights. But we can confirm it only by clinical examination where a swelling might develop in the groin region. I suggest you wear a scrotal support to help achieve pain relief without relying too much on medication. The pain could also subside with use of mild pain killers like tramadol which could however cause mild sedation. Let me know once you have any reports for which you might want an opinion. Regards, Hope you get well.