What could be the cause of pain in chest?

hi..I am 32 years old male..I get pain in chest region.i have attached photo where it pains. please help me.
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: more likely due to gastritis Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have read your query and also seen the uploaded image. It more likely seems to be muscular in origin or due to gastritis. It is unlikely to be from heart. I would suggest you to get a basic Electrocardiogram (ECG) of the heart to make sure that your heart is normal. If it is due to gastritis, then you would benefit from drugs like Omeprazole, which is an antacid. These kind of chest pain is mostly due to chronic gastritis or peptic ulcer disease. Make sure you eat healthy and on time. In my view, this is not serious. So, you can relax. Drink more of water often. Let me know if you have more queries.
Follow-up: What could be the cause of pain in chest? 27 minutes later
thanks for the response doctor.. I get pain only when I bend or carry some heavy objects.. or when I rotate my shoulder..
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: then, it is muscular in origing Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX In such a case, it is mostly muscular in origin. Please take an x-ray of the chest as well to look for any problem in the chest wall. Simple analgesics like Dolo will help you when you are in severe pain. Do deep breathing exercises daily, it will help too. Till the time, avoid heavy weight lifting. Get well soon.
Follow-up: What could be the cause of pain in chest? 6 minutes later
thanks a lot for the quick response doctor. I forgot to mention that from past 2 to 3 days I get pain in lower chest region when ever I sneeze.. is this also related to the condition what you mentioned?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, it is related Detailed Answer: Hi, The pain in the lower chest is again related to the muscle pull that you get while sneezing. Yes, they are related to each other. Do follow my earlier suggestions. Regards,