What could be the cause of pain in breasts with history of hysterectomy and breast implants?

I have aching breasts. What could be the cause? I have implants and I've had a hysterectomy.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 20 minutes later

Presence of soreness, severe throbbing pain, tenderness and redness in a breast could be signs of infection.

In case of an infection, the treatment might include oral antibiotics for a few days. In case of an abscess it might need a incision and drainage to remove the infected material.

Absence of the above signs, but presence of just a aching could be due to the implants being heavy, or due to improper healing of the breast skin after surgery.

You might benefit by consulting your doctor who after a examination, might get some tests like ultrasound to determine the exact cause and initiate appropriate treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.