What could be the cause of pain and enlargement of the scrotum?

General Surgeon
my scrotum (testis sack) hangs a bit more compared to previous years and caused discomfort in long driving and sometimes caused pain in testicles.
I am about to get married in 2 months.
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 27 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Enlarged scrotum can be caused by inguinal hernia, varicocele (veins enlargement of the testicles), intestines infection or scrotum swelling. The most probable reason of such symptoms in your case is varicocele. It can be checked while standing. You should be able to feel twisted mass along the spermatic cord or feeling "bag of worms" when touching scrotum.
To have this diagnosed (es well es other reasons of such symptoms) testicles ultrasound should be performed.
Varicocele and hernia can be both treated with surgery.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.