What could be the cause of heaviness after eating and weight gain?

1. My work is desk job & usually after working for long hours, a weird sound comes from stomac. because of this I feel un-comfortable many times. 2. After two to three hours of eating I feel like heavy in my stomach. 3. Now days, I'm gaining lot of weight & also fat deposition in neck & stomach has increased. Can you please kindly suggest me suitable medication to me. Thanks XXXXX
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Prasad 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Life style change is the need of hour... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX You reported complaints related to digestive system and fat deposition on neck and stomach. At the outset both these are independent symptoms and may not have any serious clinical significance. Therefore I'll address them individually. 1. The sound that you hear from your abdomen is the sound of peristaltic movement of intestine. It is considered concerning if you have associated abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, abdominal distension and bowel problems. If any of the aforementioned symptom is noted along with the sound, you need to consult a gastroenterologist. Else, you need to modify your diet - high fibre content food, low fat and low spicy diet is essential. Also regular meals and sufficient water intake is necessary. Include exercise to your daily activities. Avoid alcohol or smoking if any. 2. Fat deposition can be controlled with cardioexercises such as brisk walking, jogging, cycling, swimming or thread mill. Effectiveness of medications that are advertised in various media is not known. So I don't prescribe them to my patients. The other effective means to control the fat deposits is through surgical options - liposuction. Hope this helps. Regards
Follow-up: What could be the cause of heaviness after eating and weight gain? 1 hour later
Thanks XXXXXXX for your time. for #2-how effective is the liposuction treatment? can it be a permanent fix? Do we have any side effect? Also, is there are any non-surgical treatment for this? Please confirm. XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Liposuction is a permenent fix; but for once... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Liposuction is a means to get your body to shape by removing excess fat. It is a one time remedy. However it doesn't guarantee that the fat wouldn't get deposited again. You will to include a life style change. Or you can opt to try a strict diet and exercise and see if you can resolve the fat without liposuction. It can be done with determination and motivation. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards
Hi XXXXXXX Do you have any contact of good liposuction centers in Bangalore? Also can you please let me know the cost, any side effects, how many sittings does it require? XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Liposuction is done by cosmetic surgeon... Detailed Answer: Hi, I do not personally know any cosmetic surgeons. However you can visit multidisciplinary hospital or medical colleges to find good and experienced cosmetic surgeons. The cost of the procedure on an average should be around Rs 50000 to 70000. However the procedure is priced differently and also depend on the amount of fat to be removed. The surgeon will give you the estimate after examining specific areas. Hope this helps. Regards