What could be the cause of hand numbness and dizziness?

I wake up every morning and both my hands are numb. Im not sleeping on them, the are resting at my side. I also have an issue with being slightly dizzy at times during the day. Not sure if they are related. Why could this be?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Causes to numbed hands and feeling dizzy... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical history and could say that I need more of your medical data: - your age - your gender - if you are suffering with high blood pressure - if you are dealing with diabetes or hypercholesterolemia Waking up with both hand numbed could be because of: - arthritis (mostly apparent in the morning, when the hands have not moved for all night) - your work type (perhaps your job is more likely to be related to typing or using hands) - any recent trauma or local injury you might have - lack of vitamins of group B Feeling slightly dizzy during the day could be related to: - type of job you do (might require sitting for too long or benting your head or body in front) - anemia (I suggest to do complete blood work to rule it out) - problems related to inner ear and otosclerosis (must consult ENT specialist) - oscillations in blood pressure (measure the blood pressure at the time you are having dizziness episode, record it and pass it to the doctor). - arthritis. I do not think your hands being numbed and dizziness are related. However, can be physically checked by your physician to get further evaluation. All the best! Dr.Alba