What could be the cause of frequent sharp vaginal pain?

Infertility Specialist
my wife had twin a years 3 years a ago and she has sharp pains in a vagina on her right side every know and then
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Endometriosis / Infection Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply.There are 2 possibilties: 1) It is due to endometriosis of ovary or adenomyosis of uterus where there is blood collection in ovary or uterus respectively which causes pain especially while having sex. 2) A local wound in vagina sometimes leads to pain but less likely.or else it would be vaginal infection and discharge which is common in women of reproductive age 3) Hence please get a transvaginal scan for endometriosis / adenomyosis done and see your gynecologist for examination of vagina for infection. I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have. Regards, Dr.Mahesh Koregol