What could be the cause of frequent headaches with hair loss and fatigue ?

Hi I am 35 year old female I get headaches I think I am lossing more hair than I should be and I am unhappy and tired 90% of the time do you have any idears.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 26 minutes later
Hi Thehowardhome,

Headache associated with hair loss and fatigue can be due to stress,hypothyroidism,hormonal deficiencies.

First of all I would like to know some details:

1)Is the headache present throughout the day?What is the location,duration and severity of pain?
2)Are you under any kind of stress?
3)Are you taking any sort of medications or have taken in the past?(even birth control pills)
4)Are your periods normal?
5)Since how long are you having these symptoms?
6)Did you get any of your investigations as Blood Profile/Thyroid etc done in past one year?If yes any abnormalities?

Anticipating your reply and I would get back to you soon.
Follow-up: What could be the cause of frequent headaches with hair loss and fatigue ? 16 hours later
the headaches are all day in temple and across the top of my head. I went and got glasses i thought it might be my eyes it has help abit but it hasnt gone away its not painful but it juts want go away.Yes a little stressed no more than any other mum of three young kids. No medication in last 12 months. I have felt like this for about 6 moths or more.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 5 hours later
Hi Thehowardhome,

Thanks for the reply.

Dull temple headache present throughout the day can be due to overexertion, underactive thyroid or even high blood sugar which is quite common.
Some suggestions for you:
Temple headache can be relieved by just simple act of massaging the pain area in a kneading fashion.Practice this in a quiet relaxed place with eyes closed and without any stress several times a day.
Apply hot or cold packs for 10 to 15 minutes in a day.It helps in temple headaches.
Have XXXXXXX tea or chamomile tea 2 to 3 times.
Go for a walk or do some exercises or even stretches at home so that the oxygen supply being increased pain will be relieved.
Take Vitamin C tablet once a day for 3 months.
Keep wearing the spectacles and blink your eyes and relax them during the daytime.
Have adequate sleep of at least 7 to 8 hours.

If there is no relief or pain worsens get a Complete Blood Profile done which includes Blood Sugar and Thyroid so that the exact cause of pain can be ruled

HopeI have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.