What could be the cause of discharge from breast on pressing ?

hello i am 24 years girl. i am unmarried. i have a problem. from two three days it is happening that there is some discharge from my breast on pressing. i dont have pain at all. what it can be?? kindly reply as soon as possible
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Women's Health
Follow-up: What could be the cause of discharge from breast on pressing ? 4 minutes later
Kindly tell me that what kind of test i have to follow for any problem regarding this not only in case of breast cancer
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 23 minutes later

Thanks for the Query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Is it continuous or Intermittent?
2.) Does it show any blood or any other colour?
3.) Are both breasts affected or just one?
4.) Are your Periods regular?
5.) Do you have Headache or Blurring of vision?

Your History suggests you have Galactorrhea which is a milky nipple discharge not related to breast feeding. It is not a disease, but could be a sign of an underlying pathology. It can also be due to Medications if you are On any. But it has to ruled out, hence get yourself examined by a Gynecologist, so that she may examine you and suggests few tests like,

1.) Analysis of the Discharge Fluid
2.) Blood test to know the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) level
3.) Pregnancy test if you have had unprotected sex
4.) Mammography or Ultrasound scan of Breast
5.) MRI Scan of head to rule out Pituitary Tumor

Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause, which could include Medications or Surgery if deemed necessary, your treating Doctor will know better.

Kindly don't worry as, if there isn't any serious underlying pathology, it will stop on its own.

1.) Avoid stimulating your Breasts (during Sexual Activity etc...)
2.) Avoid performing breast self exams more often
3.) Wear clothing that minimizes the friction between the fabric and your nipples
4.) Wear beast pads to protect yourself from leaks, which could embarrass you.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.