What could be the cause of burning red spot on scrotum?

burning red spot on scrotum since two days. I haven't had sex for around two months if that matters. I only have one spot where my thighs meet my scrotum and it's hard to walk because the skin rub around that spot.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query, You might have developed fungal infection. The area of groin around scrotum is very moist and is prone to develop these infections. Treatment can be with oral antifungals as well as with topical antifungals. Various antifungal powders like candid , clodid etc are available. These can help reduce the moisture as well as control the infection. Please dont use any steroid, it can worsen your condition. Let me know if you have any other doubt. Wishing you good health, Thank you
Follow-up: What could be the cause of burning red spot on scrotum? 2 minutes later
Can you suggest some medication names please? Also, if you can provide the medical name as I'm not in the US and brand names may differ.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: You can buy ointment clotrimazole and clotrimazole powder. Apply the cream in night and powder in day. Hope you get this. Thank you