Ask a Urologist   »  

What could be the cause for yellow pus under foreskin?

Hello, my partner is complaining of a red sore foreskin, since walking around in cold weather last week, it was clearing up and yesterday it wad fine until today he has noticed the redness again and that there is a yellow/green pus under the foreskin, what could this be?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Might be Urethritis. Detailed Answer: Good Day and Thank you for being with HealthcareMagic! Does he have pain on urination? Any yellowish or greenish pus coming out of the penis should be treated as Urethritis. Did he have any sexual contact with a high risk individual like a casual sexual partner or a prostitute? Another possibility would be swelling and infection of the foreskin (phosthitis) and may also present as discharge and swelling of the foreskin without the pain on urination. I would suggest doing a urinalysis and a culture of the discharge to be guided on what antibiotic to use. On my patients I usually prescribe Ciprofloxacin for one week although you might need a prescription to acquire the antibiotic. I would also suggest to see a Urologist so he can make a proper physical examination on your partner. Yours Truly, Manuel See IV MD FPUA