What could be the cause for test results showing tranmitral flow suggests impaired LV relaxation?

I had cardiac workup including a norm stress test, ekg, echocardiogram all was norm except tranmitral flow suggests impaired LV relaxation. What causes that? Im worried because i suffer from palpitations and low blood pressure. Could it be an artifact? I also had a patch in my younger days when i used cocaine alot with friends. Never had an addiction though, just stupid. Could that have caused that? Could tachycardia or anxiety during the test cause it? Im worried.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that your echocardiography is essentially normal and there is nothing to worry about . Your ejection fraction is absolutely normal . Impaired LV relaxation can be due to slightly stiif walls but since there is no diastolic dysfunction it holds no importance . Your report is essentially normal . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: What could be the cause for test results showing tranmitral flow suggests impaired LV relaxation? 5 hours later
Hi sorry im fem age 40. What causes this?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 hours later
Brief Answer: follows. Detailed Answer: Dear madam, Thank you for reverting back. With aging or some conditions like hypertension etc the wall of ventricle become stiff so the relaxation is impaired which is called diastolic dysfunction but in your case it is not significant. Dr. Shruti