What could be the cause for swollen and painful testicles?
User rating for this question
My right testicle seems swollen and is painful. It made it hard to sleep last night. When feeling it, it feels more like a tube around the testicle that's tender.
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is Epididymo-Orchitis. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have acquired infection of the Epididymis and Testicle.(Epididymo Orchitis).This is usually secondary to UTI.Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxine and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily. Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.. Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute . Orchitis takeslong time to get cured hence you will need to take antibiotics for 3-4 weeks. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- Can energy drinks effect penis
- What could cause a swollen and painful pelvic bone
- What is the cause of lump under skin of earlobe
- Have cracks in the knee when bending and sitting
- Swollen and painful testicle what is wrong
- What could be the cause for swollen and painful testicles
- What causes swollen testicle sack
- What causes bladder leakage and swelling in ankles and feet
- Drinking lots of water nocturnal emissions
- My pee dries white
- Inverted penis from energy drinks
- Swollen throat no pain what it could be
- Electral drink and haemoglobin
- Can i take additional pill for increased blood pressure
- What are the possible treatments for pus from penis