What could be the cause for swelling on inner elbows and joints?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I have hives and wheals or swelling on my inner elbows and joints I've tried steroids and every kind of antihistamine perscrption and OTC nothing is helping me I've done blood work on allergy shows negative, now I'm lost what's wrong with me
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: possibility of systemic autoimmune disease Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history and presentation there is possibility of systemic autoimmune diseases which is involving multiple parts. I will advise to do blood investigation for autoimmune diseases, investigation like Accp.RA factor ANA,dsDNA, ssDNA may help. Another possibility can be atopic dermatitis, you can consult skin specialist for that. Till time take rest and you can use cream and improve immunity to combat against illness. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.