What could be the cause for swelling in my hands and feet?
User rating for this question
I have a very fit 21 year old daughter. But her hands and feet regularly feel swollen and hot. Standing a long time of course makes it worse. But her hands swell even while playing the piano. She said she doesn't think it is affected by her menstrual cycle. She eats healthy and doesn't overdo salt intake. She does a lot of cardio exercise to avoid the blotchy legs.
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Symptoms indicate peripheral edema. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Your daughter's symptoms indicate peripheral edema.There are many causes which can cause this. Causes related to heart,liver,kidney, anemia,hypoproteinemia and issues related to blood vessels can lead to such edema.Such edema is only symptom in initial stages and patient can do all activities very well. Though she is afraid of doctors, ideal step would be to see doctor.On clinical evaluation doctor can rule out most causes.Few investigations would be needed to determine the underlying cause. Treatment will depend on diagnosis. Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
People also viewed
- Swollen lymph node and enlarged spleen and liver in kids
- What causes swelling and numbness in feet
- What causes pain and swelling on feet
- Stop smoking wheezing throat
- Decdan life saving drug
- Decdan injection during pregnancy
- What causes swelling and discoloration in feet
- Can piriton overdose lead to death
- Hifenac contraindications
- Son has pimple on lip for past year what is it
- What causes sticky hands and feet
- What causes trembling hands and feet
- Decdan tablet for erection
- Sinusitis continuous low grade fever
- Decdan tablet gain mass