What could be the cause for strong odor in my urine?

I am a type 1 diabetic for 37yrs, male, 55yrs old and I have been getting urine with a strong odor, what could it be?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cinsiderations Detailed Answer: Hello & thank you for submitting your question. Urine odor can be caused by food metabolites, medicine by-products, or urinary tract infection. Given your history of diabetes, it would be best for you to see your doctor for a urinalysis and physical exam to definitively diagnose the cause of the odor. Thanks again for submitting your question. Take care, Dr G