What could be the cause for soreness when bending?

Apr 2014

I have been having a soreness when bending and at times when rubbed in my middle to left upper abdomen no other pain in that area I have recently had bloodctests and complete ultrasound both were fine could this be muscular and if so how long till it heals
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes,it may be due to muscle spasm. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us Yes,it may be due to musculoskeletal causes as visceral cause is already excluded in your case.Blood test and UGS is alright. Soreness may be due to muscle spasm. You should take analgesics with muscle relaxants like tablet Tizanidine for 5 days. You can also take proton pump inhibitors like tablet pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before food for one week because analgesics causes gastric irritation. It generally take 4- 5 days to heal. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX