What could be the cause for sore and smelly scrotum?

I have a problem that began with sore testicles. It has escalated to a terrible smell in my scrotum area. I have been to 4 urologists and they have no clue. What can possibly be wrong? - The urologists have stated they are unable to connect my problem with a medical diagnosis. The smell is getting worse and deeply concerns me.
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

Bad odor is suggestive of an infective process-- progressing to cell death ( gangrene), no doubt.
Possibilities are
1. Fournier' s gangrene of the scrotum.
2. Perineal abscess ( infective process with pus formation in the the area between the scrotum and the anal opening).
3. Perianal abscess.
If the urologist had examined the scrotum and found nothing abnormal, kindly take an opinion from a surgeon/ surgical gastro- enterologist to look for the other problems i have mentioned.
Mean while, i would like to know if you have any urinary or bowel symptoms.
Pls keep me informed of your progress and get well soon---

Follow-up: What could be the cause for sore and smelly scrotum? 12 hours later
I am urinating more than normal.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 12 minutes later
Welcome back.

Urinating well is good news.
As i have written earlier, a surgeon or a surgical gastro- enterologist consultation is needed.
Kindly keep me informed of your progress.
Get well soon---