What could be the cause for small sized orange dots in semen?
User rating for this question
Hi, I've noticed lately that when I ejaculate, small sized orange dots are in my semen. I am also in a little pain during ejaculation. What could this mean?
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be infection of Seminal Vesicle or prostate Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed small sized red dots in semen and have painful ejaculation. This is most likely to be due to infection of either Seminal Vesicle or Prostate. However this can be confirmed only on clinical and digital rectal examination by a qualified Urologist and following basic tests. 1) Urine routine Test and urine culture. 2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen 3) Semen analysis and semen culture. Please consult qualified Urologist for assessment and further treatment. You need to take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily for 4-6 weeks. Do not worry This will get cured with antibiotics Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- Neurobion effectiveness for numbness
- Frequent passing of urine dizzy sore head
- Duromine and pancreatitis
- Poison enlarged spleen
- How to report urine culture count
- Pinworms enlarged tonsils
- What could be the cause for blood in semen
- Hyperechoic enometrium
- What could be the cause of dark semen
- What could cause watery semen
- What could cause semen to turn brown in colour
- High protein in lft test
- How to use a tall urinal
- What causes semen to be orange
- I have kidney stones in my both kidneys of size 5mm and 7mm