What could be the cause for small lump on right lower rib?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have a small lump on my right lower rib. it does not hurt. what could it be?
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibilities that may need to be considered - Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lump. Possibilities that may need to be considered include lipomas, cysts, growths from underlying connective tissue etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the X-ray of the area affected and FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) of lump under his/her guidance. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care